In May, Lauren from Lladybird announced that she would be in NYC to teach a pant-making workshop. I immediately signed up! In mid-August, I ventured into Brooklyn to Jennifer's Workroom Social for the weekend...and emerged Sunday evening with a decent fitting wearable muslin!
Using Palmer/Pletsch's 6901, we got to work fitting the pre-assembled muslins. I only had to make a few adjustments to the pattern, most notably removing some of the length out of the front.
I used stretch sateen from Paron and made the pockets out of a beautiful cotton print bought in Venice in 2008.
It was both a humbling and invigorating weekend! I have much to learn to become a more competent sewer. Either way...it was a great experience and I was so inspired by all the kind, interesting and competent women with whom I shared the weekend. Plus, I met the lovely Lauren--- my first "sewing celebrity."
|Lauren (wearing a Zinnia skirt and papercut wrap top) demo-ing the zipper insertion|
The pattern was a bit too high-waisted for my taste and I don't anticipate that these pants will make it out of the apartment. I have my eyes on the lower-waisted Thurlow trouser pattern for my next pair. Stay Tuned!